Murse World Scholarship
Murse World is committed to acknowledging the medical students who plan to do their utmost to help people heal and feel their best. To show our appreciation for these outstanding individuals, Murse World has launched a Pay it Forward annual scholarship opportunity for all college students who are studying in any field within the realm of the medical or health world. This scholarship will grant each applicant a chance to earn $1000 towards their college tuition by answering the following question:
How do you plan on making the world a better place through your future career?
Murse World’s Scholarship will be presented to the applicant with the best submission for the aforementioned question. Murse World judges will choose five to ten essays that are well-written, engaging, and best answer the question. These top submissions will be posted on our website, where everyone who visits can vote for the submission they think is best. The thousand dollar winner is the submission that garners the most votes from the public. If your submission is posted on our site, be sure to reach out to your family, friends and social media contacts and ask them to vote for you!
Criteria for Application
Applicants for the Murse World Scholarship must meet the following criteria:
- ● High school senior or enrolled in an accredited U.S. college or university
- ● Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- ● Pursuing a degree in the medical field such as therapy, nursing, medicine, nutrition, laboratory science, dentistry, etc.
- ● Citizen of the United States or in possession of an Alien Registration Card
Students with Disabilities: Students who have a physical disability will be given extra consideration in the scholarship selection process. However, all students who fit the above requirements may apply, regardless of their ability level.
Your submission should tell us how you plan on making the world a better place through your career in the medical field. Please see the previous year's submissions here for examples of submissions we've considered for the award in the past.
Please keep in mind that this scholarship is merit-based rather than need-based; sharing your financial situation or other reasons for requiring help with schooling will not increase your chances to win this scholarship.
- ● Submissions should be your own unique work and cannot be published anywhere else on the internet
- ● Your writing may be up to 500 words
- ● Digital copies should be in a Word document or PDF form
- ● Hard copies should be typed, not handwritten
- ● Relevant pictures may be included
Finalists will be chosen by Murse World Scholarship judges and notified after the submission deadline has passed. If your submission was chosen as one of our finalists, be sure to reach out to your family, friends and social media contacts and ask them to come to this page and vote for your submission.
Once the voting period is over, our judges will select a final winner. The award money will be mailed directly to the school of the winner's choice.
- ● All projects for the 2020 scholarship award must be received no later than January 15, 2021 before 12 a.m. EST.
- ● Submissions will be judged on composition, originality and content.
- ● Submissions containing grammatical or spelling errors, or any inappropriate language or content may not be considered.
- ● Murse World reserves the right to publish any submissions, including, but not limited to, the winning submissions.
- ● There is no application form from Murse World; all you need to send us is your project, a high school or college transcript, and the information listed below.
- ● Your writing, transcript and information can be sent either by mail or by email.
- ○ If you choose to send in your writing via mail, please save a digital copy of your project in case we decide to post your work.
- ● Please do not send any other documents such as letters of recommendation, resumes, CVs, etc.
How to Apply
Email your submission to:
Or, mail your submission to:
Attn: Scholarship Department
1665 Corporate Road West
Lakewood, NJ 08701
When submitting, be sure to include the following:
- 1. Your submission
- 2. A copy of your high school or college transcript
- 3. The following information:
- ● Your full name
- ● Your email address
- ● Your phone number
- ● Medical field you are pursuing
Please Note: Incomplete submissions may be ignored.
Congratulations to Aaron Michael Beinhower, our 2019 Murse World Scholarship winner! We wish Aaron Michael the best of luck with his studies as he works toward his degree, and much success afterward in the nursing field. His winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2019, can be viewed here.
Congratulations to Sara Pross, the winner of the Murse World Scholarship 2018! The Murse World Scholarship committee wishes her much success with her studies as she works toward her degree in oncology nursing. Her winning submission, as well as the submissions of our other finalists for 2018, can be viewed here.